As Spring Festival approaches, it’s time to scale back our ambition for this year. I have not managed to privately raise any money to sponsor a group for this summer, but I was working on a very tight schedule–including the holidays, a wildfire, and a debris flow. Very exciting times here, and fortunately we were only a tiny little bit inconvenienced –all we had to do was spend 3 nights in a hotel.
So the new plan is the contingency plan that was hatched over hotpot in a Wuhan mall last October: organize for 2019. To that end, I will make an independent trip this summer in order to lay the groundwork. The goals are to:
- Secure a venue for summer of 2019. We are hoping for the public Wuhan Children’s Library.
- Take at least a party of two. Who wants to go?
- Revisit Macheng and experience a one-room schoolhouse in rural Hebei Province.
- Observe the program for the children of migrant factory workers at the Hangzhou Children’s Library.
- Firm up our relationship with the Smiling Library.
- Read more books!